William Henry Hull
A Young Student At Freed-Hardeman College in 1933
The Life Of William Henry Hull
William was baptized in May, 1930 by Thad Hudson. He began preaching in McKeesport, Pennsylvania, in 1940. He attended Fairmont State Teachers College and Freed-Hardeman College. Through the years he worked with several congregations of churches of Christ including the McKeesville, PA church from 1940-1942, the Morgantown, W. Va., church from 1942 to 1944, the South Charleston, W. Va. church from 1944 through 1948, the Central Ave. church in Memphis, Tennessee from 1955 to 1959, and the Boliver, Tennessee church from 1959 for several years. Other churches are unknown at this writing.
Through the years, brother Hull was involved in debates, one with a Christian Advent minister, and another with a Missionary Baptist. He evangelized at the State Penal Farm while working in Covington, Tennessee, establishing a congregation in the prison. He also carried on a daily radio program while in Covington and while in Boliver.
He passed from this life the 12th of August, 1979. His mortal remains rest in Jonesboro, Arkansas' Memorial Park Cemetery.
-Source: Preachers of Today, Vol. 2. page 214.
Directions To The Grave of William Henry Hull
W.H. Hull is buried in Jonesboro Memorial Park Cemetery in Jonesboro, Arkansas. In Jonesboro, take the Joe N. Martin Expressway, Hwy. 63, to Exit 44. Head south on Hwy. 1. The cemetery will be on your left. Go into the main entrance and bear to the right. See GPS Location below to center in on exact location.
Photos Taken 11.13.2014
Webpage produced 11.25.2014
Courtesy of Scott Harp
*Special thanks to Tom L. Childers and Charlie Wayne Kilpatrick for assisting in the burial location. They along with your web editor took a trip into northern Arkansas to find the graves of gospel preachers of yesteryear in November, 2014. We traveled together three days and located the final resting places of nearly forty preachers and their families. It was a great trip. Many of the personalities we researched were chronicled in Boyd E. Morgan's book, Arkansas Angels, or later in Dr. Michael L. Wilson's book, Arkansas Christians: A History of the Restoration Movement in Randolph County, 1800-1995.