Mt. Zion Christian Church
Est. Before 1860
The Mt. Zion Christian Church has a history that goes back to the middle of the 19th century. As early as 1860 there was work being done in the area by Jacob Creath, Jr., T.M. Allen, W.H. Hopson and more. The church has continued to operate through the years, serving the rural community between Hannibal and Palmyra. The church is located on Hwy. 61, about four miles north of Hannibal, Missouri.
or D.d. 39.743504, -91.452789
cnr. Co. Rd. 425 and Hwy. 61
5610 Hwy. 61, Marion County, Missouri
Special Note: In June, 2009, Scott Harp, Tom L. Childers & C. Wayne Kilpatrick travelled about 3000 miles through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. This one-week trip was for the purpose of locating historical locations connected primarily with the Restoration Movement. While travelling through from Hannibal to Palmyra, Missouri, the old Mt. Zion church building caught our eyes as we passed. Not knowing much about its history, we stopped and took photos. These pictures were taken by Wayne and Tom, and we express our appreciation to them for contributing these photos to the website.